Thursday 27 March 2014

Divergent:

Finally I have given into the pressure (my own) and read 'Divergent'.
For those of you who have been living under a rock, Divergent is the first installment in an uber successful YA series, penned by Veronica Roth.

Personally I love a good Young Adult (YA) read; I mean who can look past the The Hunger Games trilogy or the magnificent Harry Potter series. Wonderful books all of them!

So it was not the YA aspect of this series that had me hesitating over the buy button, it was the reviews.
Scathing, upset, angry reviews! They had me running scared. I did not want to be sucked in to the series only to be left high, dry and cranky at the end of book three. Frankly it seemed a little masochistic for my taste.

With this in mind, I really cannot explain why I eventually read the book, perhaps I was just feeling left out?
Cutting to the chase, was it any good? Am I going to bite the bullet and read the rest of the series?

Answers as follows:

Yes and I already am.....

There is a good chance that I am more of a masochist that originally thought, however I did enjoy Divergent. I will admit, I did not LOVE it as much as, say, the aforementioned Hunger Games, but I did find it engaging and entertaining. More importantly I do want to know 'what next?'.

I will keep you posted when I get to the end of the series.

If you want to take the journey as well, the Divergent Series is available through Amazon.com via the following link:

The Divergent Series





No comments:

Post a Comment